Gumdrops, Icing and Christmas Magic

Posted by on Dec 4, 2012 in Auburn News | Comments Off

Gumdrops, Icing and Christmas Magic

For most people the holidays are about tradition and making memories. As a child, some of my favorite memories were hanging ornaments on the tree and driving around the neighborhood to see the lights. When we had seen as many lights as our young attention spans could hold, we would go back to the house and begin to design our Christmas master piece: a gingerbread house.

This Year's New Addition to the Village

The style of the house was something my siblings and I would fuss over. Looking back years later, I laugh when I think how we would design the perfect house, but struggle to get the walls to even stand up straight.

The Auburn Gingerbread Village

Because of those memories from my childhood I am able to fully appreciate the annual gingerbread village hosted by The Hotel at

Auburn University. The little village features buildings built by icing and candy and a beautiful picture of Christmas on the Plains.

This year’s village includes not only a little toy train weaving in and out of the elegant gingerbread buildings, but also a new addition to the village: the Cary Center!

With November behind us and the Holidays ahead, it’s time to get into the Christmas spirit and the gingerbread village is just the way to do it.

The village will be on display at the Hotel at Auburn University for the entire month of December so be sure to stop by and see some Christmas magic.

I’ve shared my favorite holiday tradition, What’s yours?