Auburn Online manages a full-service media production studio including videography, photography, editing, graphic creation, and animation creation. Media services through Auburn Online are available during normal university hours (7:45 am – 4:45 pm, Monday-Friday).
Our Media Production Studio, known as The Learning Glass Studio, is located in 118G Foy Hall. For more information about The Learning Glass Studio, click the link below.
Media Services Available
- The Learning Glass Studio – (118G Foy Hall)
- Recording Guest Lectures and Seminars
- On-Location Recording (anywhere on Auburn University’s Campus and beyond)
- Professional Video Editing
- High-quality visual graphics, including original artwork
- Graphical animations (2D and 3D)
Other Media Services will be considered upon request.
Accessibility and Compliance:
All types of media, including video and audio, produced by Auburn Online is 508 compliant. This includes closed captioning and transcripts.
Initial consultations are free of charge.
- The Learning Glass Studio recordings are offered at no cost to faculty, students, and employees who want to create materials for their undergraduate course. The video must be part of an undergraduate course for it to be at no cost.
- On-Campus recordings – Recordings on Auburn’s main campus, but not in the Learning Glass Studio are billed at the rate of $400 per hour of finished and accessible video. This charge applies to both undergraduate and graduate courses. Examples include: In-class recordings, lectures, in-class activities, field trips, lab demonstrations, visitors or speakers, etc. The unit is charged based on the length of the completed video. For example, a one hour video will be charged $400 total. There is no additional charge for setup and post-production editing time. Videos meet accessibility requirements.
- Off-campus recordings – Recordings completed at sites outside the main Auburn campus can be completed as scheduling allows. In addition to the rate of $400 per hour of finished and accessible video, Auburn Online also charges setup time. Additionally, travel reimbursement is provided to Auburn employees in accordance with Auburn University travel policy. There is no additional charge for post-production editing time. Videos meet accessibility requirements.
Your recording will be available between 7-10 working days after recording (Monday-Friday, excluding weekends and Holidays). This is due to the time it takes to edit the video, production of the video, and the creation of subtitles for compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Auburn University requires that all videos produced are 508 compliant. We appreciate your understanding in advance.