Please join us for the 2018 Alabama Water Watch Annual Meeting on Saturday, June 22, 2018 in Auburn. Read below for more details!
On the morning of Friday, June 22nd, we will kayak the Tallapoosa River with Off the Beaten Path Alabama, a local outdoor outfitter. In the evening we will gather at a restaurant in Downtown Auburn for more fun and fellowship!
Make sure you pre-register for the kayak trip by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Spots are limited to rent boats with the outfitter. More info is found on the Kayak Trip Info page. You can view the event flyer HERE.
On Saturday, June 23rd we will begin the Annual Meeting at 10 am and will conclude by 3 pm. Registration for adults is $15 and $8 for children under 12 and includes lunch. Highlights of the day will include:
- Volunteer Presentations and Discussion Session: AWW volunteers will share some of the ways they got started, have stayed motivated in their monitoring efforts, and their keys to success! Whether you are part of a watershed group, the only monitor in the watershed, or an education volunteer, you will gain some helpful tips.
- AWW Program and AWW Association Updates
- Catered BBQ Lunch!
- Keynote Presentation: Representatives and friends of Global Water Watch from Washington, Mississippi, and Vermont will discuss why they have looked to Alabama for guidance and support for their own volunteer monitoring efforts.
- AWW Awards Ceremony: We will celebrate a few of the volunteers who have gone above and beyond in 2018.
- Data Tools Session: You will have a chance to get more comfortable using the AWW Water Data Tools as well as a few other online reporting apps during this hands-on session.
- Water Resources Center Research and Program Updates: Presented by WRC Director, Dr. Puneet Srivastava.
- Alabama Rivers Book Premiere and Signing: By Dr. Bill Deutsch the author and former AWW Director
We hope to see you there!