The Biggio Center engages, supports, and empowers Auburn’s academic community in each phase of the scholarly teaching and transformative learning process.
Our diverse units (Faculty Development, Distance Learning, the Testing Center, and the Instructional Multimedia Group) bring together the people, ideas, and services that help Auburn’s teaching community to prepare our graduates to be creative problem solvers in a global economy.
In alignment with Auburn’s mission and strategic plan, we support colleagues (in both traditional and online environments) by:
- Encouraging collaboration with the Auburn academic community through digital media, interdisciplinary partnerships, and diverse workshops.
- Guiding faculty in the use of appropriate existing and emerging instructional technologies for engaged, active student learning (EASL).
- Providing access to development resources and support throughout the academic career.
- Delivering a range of testing services (computer and paper-based) in a quality testing environment that is safe, secure, and aesthetically-pleasing.
- Advocating for the value of innovative teaching at Auburn and in the larger community by supporting Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research.