Big changes have arrived to Zoom over the holiday break. We’d like to take a moment to highlight some of the key changes for users at Auburn.
Canvas Integration Update
The Canvas integration has been updated more tightly connecting the two systems. Now once integrated, Zoom will appear in your navigation bar for both you and your students. Create, edit, and schedule your Zoom meetings as you would from https://auburn.zoom.us directly in Canvas. If you prefer the previous method of adding the Zoom link to a module, that can still be done! We have help online to get you started, but always feel free to call us with any questions.
Note: The previous integration is no longer available.
- Biggio Center’s Zoom Help
- Zoom’s Help Center
- Zoom FAQ
- Getting Started with Zoom
- Participant Quick Start Guide
- Presenter Quick Start Guide
- Testing your Audio in Zoom
Zoom Application Refresh
This month, Zoom is updating their client as well. From the Zoom update announcement:
New and exciting updates are coming to Zoom next month! These enhancements will provide your organization with smarter, more productive, and happier ways to work.
Here are a few highlights:
- Refreshed user interface design. Zoom’s new desktop application is streamlined into one window with a modern, clean look and feel.
- Keep the conversation going in between meetings. Use the Chat Tab to chat 1:1 or create a public or private channel for your team to collaborate and share files.
- Stay organized. The Meetings tab now integrates with your calendar to display all your upcoming meetings and links to past recordings.
- Stay connected. Use the Directory Tab to sort and group anyone in your Zoom Account (formerly listed as “Contacts”).