Course (Re)Design Seminars
Update: Registration for this event has been extended to April 1. Visit aub.ie/CRDapp to submit an application for Course (Re)Design.
Faculty participants will:
- Design a new or re-design an existing course using backward design principles
- Prepare to use active learning and flourish in EASL classrooms and spaces around campus as well as in virtual environments
- Become part of an ongoing cohort committed to “making teaching visible” by sharing teaching innovation
The workshop includes learning about opportunities to support inclusion, diversity, and equity in our teaching practices through various teaching modalities and assessments.
Each day of the CRD seminar at 2pm participants will have the opportunity to participate in a Tech Hour. Tech Hours are led by experts and focus on the practical application of key instructional technologies in the design of your course. Topics might include: Panopto, Canvas deep-dive features, boosting student engagement via Zoom, student-response technologies (e.g. iClicker, TopHat), etc. The topics for these sessions are determined based on CRD participant feedback and requests. These sessions are separate yet complementary to the CRD workshops. They will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 2 – 3pm.
- Faculty from all disciplines
- Non-tenure track, adjunct, core-course faculty
CRD participants should plan to set aside significant time outside the workshop for the entire week to ensure ample time to work on their course and other requirements. Teams will be meeting (virtually or in person) on Tuesday and Thursday during the week to complete activities related to the seminar.
Online CRD: July 12th – 16th 2021
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m. meeting through Zoom
- Tuesday there will be a series of online Zoom presentations and workshops on this day with the option of participating in person or remotely.
- Thursday you will meet with your team for Microteaching at a time and location TBD by you and your team. This activity generally requires about 2.5 hours
- Tech Hour Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Attend the CRD Orientation session April 21st, 2021 via Zoom, 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Attend the CRD seminar
- Upon successful completion of CRD, submit a brief proposal outlining how you plan to use the funds
- Submit a pre-CRD syllabus and a post-CRD syllabus with changes that reflect what you learned and will apply in your re-designed course
- Faculty who have previously participated in a CRD seminar are eligible for the Professional Development Funds
- These funds are offered to enhance participants professional development activities. They are not stipends or salary supplements
Last modified: June 28, 2021