How to Cross-List Course in Canvas
NOTE: Please cross-list before using the course(s) with students. When cross-listing, student enrollment will be moved, but no student records (grades or submissions) will transfer.
1. Click Courses to pop up your course list. Select the section you would like to make the Cross-List Parent. This is the section the other sections, or Children, will be enrolled into.
2. Copy or write down the number in the URL for the Parent course. You will need this later.
3. Select another section to be the Child section.
4. Select the Settings link in the Navigation menu.
5. Select the Sections link.
6. Click the name of the course, not the add new section box.
7. Select the Cross-List this Section link.
8. Enter the number of the Parent course from step 2. Press Enter on the keyboard.
9. Click the Cross-List This Section button.
10. Only the Parent course will be shown once cross-listed. Repeat with as many courses as needed.
Last modified: January 9, 2018