Conducted throughout the academic year, the Biggio Center Professional Development Seminar (PDS) series presents topics ranging from course and syllabus design to conducting a peer review of teaching and are open to all students, staff and faculty of Auburn University. For lunch time seminars, participants are welcome to bring their lunch at 12 noon prior to the start of the event. Light refreshments are served at all events.
PDS Video ArchivesYou can now view past PDS Seminars at our web archive. Our complete recordings include presenter notes, video recording, and brief introductions to each series.
- Active Learning – Classroom Assessment Techniques
- Breeden Grant Workshop
- Building Great Surveys Using Qualtrics
- Using Item Response Theory to Improve Assessment
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Best Practices
- Education 3.0 Class Model for Interactive Teaching & Learning
- Breeden Grant Program
- Engaging Students in Active Learning: Active Learning Strategies
- What Auburn Students Want From Faculty
- Peer Review of Teaching
- Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- VIA Responseware Presentation
- Grading and Rubrics in Canvas
- Putting a Course Online