2013 – 2014: Department of Mechanical Engineering
pictured (left to right): Roy Knight, Sushil Bhavnani, P.K. Raju, Jeffrey Suhling, Jeff Fergus.
not pictured: David Bevly, Lewis Payton, Rob Jackson, Nels Madsen.
In order to recognize a departmental campus culture that meaningfully values and advances teaching and learning excellence, The University Senate Departmental Award for Excellence in Education provides a structure for both recognizing teaching excellence and for future teaching and learning improvement efforts. The University Senate Departmental Award for Excellence in Education will be awarded to one (1) academic department at Auburn University. The award will provide:
- A plaque describing the award to be displayed in the academic department’s office
- A plaque describing the award to be displayed at the Biggio Center
- An award of $30,000 to be granted in three yearly installments of $10,000
- At least 50% of the funds must be allocated toward the support of activities that enhance teaching
and learning within the department (see description of the three‐year development plan below for
- The remaining funding can be used at the department’s discretion
- A public recognition activity where all members of the campus community will be invited to participate
- Appropriate press releases will be made in the local media
The deadline for the submission of pre-proposal summaries has passed, please check back for the 2014 – 2015 application.
Call for Preproposals