The Departmental Award for Excellence in Education
In order to recognize a departmental campus culture that meaningfully values and advances teaching and learning excellence, the Teaching Effectiveness Committee offers a yearly Departmental $30K Award for Excellence in Education for one academic department at Auburn University. The Departmental Award for Excellence in Education provides a structure for both recognizing teaching excellence and for future teaching and learning improvement efforts.The award will provide:
- $30,000 to be granted in three yearly installments of $10,000
- At least 50% of the funds must be allocated toward the support of activities that enhance teaching and learning within the department
- The remaining funding can be used at the department’s discretion
- A public recognition activity where all members of the campus community will be invited to participate
- Appropriate press releases will be made in the local media
The Departmental Award for Excellence in Education will be awarded to one academic department at Auburn University.
Submissions for The 2018 Departmental Award for Excellence in Education have closed.
To begin, please download and fill out the 30k Award application form. On some web browsers you may need to right click and choose “save-as” in order to save a copy of the form. For questions, please contact Todd Steury, chair of the Teaching Effectiveness Committee, at email@example.com.
To view previous grant winners, please visit the 30k Excellence Award archive page.
Last modified: March 12, 2018