Small Group Instructional Feedback
Mid-Semester Teaching Feedback Survey
Online Course Instructional Feedback
Online Course Review
Classroom Observation Protocol for Undergraduate STEM Courses
Types of Consultations
The Biggio Center offers six types of teaching feedback services that fall under two categories:
- Students-to-Instructor – These feedback sessions are facilitated by a Biggio Center consultant around the midpoint of the semester (weeks 6 to 9 of any given semester).
- Peer-to-Peer – These observations are conducted by a Biggio Center consultant at any time during the semester.
Do you want feedback from a teaching and learning professional on your course design or your teaching in general rather than on the experience of one specific class?
If so, you may be interested in one of our peer-to-peer observation services. Explore these services below and request one using the form at the bottom of the page.
Peer-to-Peer Observation Services:
- Course Observation (CO) – For any size course. This service consists of a 30-minute preliminary phone consultation with the observer, an in-class observation up to 2 hours, and a 30-minute follow-up consultation. Available at any time during the semester.
- Online Course Review (OCR) – For any online course. An instructional designer will review your online course using the Quality Matters rubric and conduct a 30-minute follow-up consultation (online or in person). Available at any time during the semester.
- Classroom Observation Protocol for Undergraduate STEM Courses (COPUS) – For undergraduate, large lecture STEM courses only. A trained consultant will attend one or more classes, record observations using the COPUS protocol, and conduct a 30-minute follow-up consultation to discuss the data. Available at any time during the semester.
Hurney, C., Harris, N., Bates Prins, S., & Kruck, S. E. (2014). The Impact of a Learner-Centered, Mid-Semester Course Evaluation on Students. The Journal of Faculty Development, 28(3), 55-62.
Request Teaching Feedback
If you encounter any technical difficulties with this form, please email your feedback request information to email@example.com to have your request added.
Last modified: August 5, 2019