Canvas’s New Gradebook
This January, the current gradebook will be automatically converted to the New Gradebook
Canvas is depreciating the old gradebook on January 18th and it will automatically be switched to the New Gradebook. Grades will not be changed/removed during the transition. Please note: This does not affect the student’s view of their gradebook.
What can the New Gradebook do?
- Set automatic late policies for assignments
- Set automatic grade muting
- Overwrite the final course grade calculated by Canvas
- Filter by Sections, Groups, or Modules
- Notes column for text entry (not visible to students)
- And more!
Can I switch early?
Yes! We recommend switching as soon as you’re comfortable to ensure no disruption for your teaching process. You can enable the New Gradebook through the New Features option within your course.
The New Gradebook is available now under “Settings” – “Feature Options”.
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Last modified: August 15, 2019