Student Help – Panopto
Panopto allows you or your instructors to record the computer screen including audio and automatically upload/convert it to a central location. Once the Panopto Recorder is installed, it will record the entire computer screen (or just a PowerPoint) with audio. The video is then uploaded to the Panopto server where it can be viewed or downloaded.
Panopto and Canvas
Note: You MUST use the Panopto Recordings link in Canvas to access Panopto for class files. Please view ALL help files below before contacting your instructor or OIT help.
- How To Record or View Panopto Videos on an iOS Device (iOS 5 or later)
- How To Launch the Panopto Recorder and Record Via Canvas. Do NOT log into the Panopto recorder directly.
- We recommend recording offline until you’re happy with your video. Help on recording offline is available.
- Once recorded offline, you can record it to your Assignment Folder. Help for PC (Step 5) or Help for offline recording on Mac.
How to Record to an Assignment Folder in Panopto
1. Click “Panopto Recordings” on the left (1) then select the Assignment folder (2) by clicking the gray box listed in the course.
2. Once the Assignment folder is selected, click the green “Create” button” and then “Record a new session.” This will launch the recorder and default to the Assignment folder. If you do not have the recorder installed, you can download it from this page as well.
Please make sure that your computer is up-to-date when using Panopto. Please make sure:
- Your browser is up-to-date (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari)
- You have the latest version of Silverlight installed
- Your webcam and audio drivers are the latest version (Windows: Windows Update or Mac: Software Update)
- Your version of Panopto Recorder is the latest available, if you need to record. You can always download the latest through the “Record” button at the top right of Panopto.
Last modified: July 27, 2020