Breeden Endowment GrantDaniel F. Breeden Endowed Grant Program supports teaching and learning projects that directly benefit the instructor, students, and AU’s overall teaching program. Approximately $30,000 is available each academic year for awards. The Breeden Program is managed by the Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning; and the grant review and selection panel is drawn from the University Senate Teaching Effectiveness Committee. The Request for Proposals is issued early each Spring for projects to be completed during the following academic year.
The deadline for 2014-2015 proposals is March 17, 2014 at 4:45pm
To be completed at the end of the grant duration by the faculty member recipient of the grant.
ApplicationTo begin, please download and fill out the application form. On some web browsers you may need to right click and choose “save-as” in order to save a copy of the form.
For a guideline on the valuation process, please download our rubric here:
Breeden Grant Rubric
Completed application forms should be submitted at the link below:
- Breeden Grant 2013 Abstracts
- Amber Hutchison, Pharmacy Practice, Geriatric sensitivity training to improve student pharmacist attitudes and perceptions on aging
- Anthony Moss, Biological Sciences, Acquisition of a MakerBot Replicator 2X for Enhancement of Biology STEM education
- Chandana Mitra, Geology and Geography, Weather Instruments for Climate Literacy and Education
- Danielle Wadsworth, Kinesiology, Incorporating IPADs into student led physical activity promotion programs
- Danilea Werner, Sociology, Anthropology, and Social Work, Increasing Empathy Toward Older Adults with Dementia Symptoms
- Jill Narak, Clinical Sciences, Digital Imaging: Using Digital Photos and Video as a Teaching Tool
- John Gorden, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Auburn Summer Undergraduate Research in Experiment Development
- Kasia Leousis, Library of Architecture, Design and Construction, Materials Lab for the Library of Architecture, Design and Construction
- Lisa Kensler, EFLT, Outdoor Classroom Project with Opelika City Schools
- Miriam Marty Clark, English, AAEEBL Annual ePortfolio Conference
- Robert Finkel, Department of Industrial Graphic Design, Engaging History, Enhancing Craft, and Exploring Design through Letterpress Imaging
- Teresa Gore, Nursing, Improving Teaching Effectiveness on Patient Safety Using Simulation: Focus on Hand Hygiene
Past awards, 2008 – 2012:
Please click here to view a listing of past Breeden Endowment Grant awards.