Breeden Endowment Grant
The Daniel F. Breeden Endowed Grant Program supports teaching and learning projects that directly benefit the instructor, students, and AU’s overall teaching program. Approximately $30,000 is available each academic year for awards. The Breeden Program is managed by the Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning; the grant review and selection panel is drawn from the University Senate Teaching Effectiveness Committee.
While the Request for Proposals is typically issued each Spring for projects to be completed during the following academic year, spring semester is typically full of research, teaching, and end-of-the-year opportunities. Therefore, Teaching Effectiveness Committee and the Biggio Center has voted to move the Breeden Grant proposal submission and review process to the fall semester beginning this fall. Please note the new timetable and thank you for spreading the word about this change.
The deadline for Breeden Grant Proposals is Monday, November 7, 2016 at 4:45pm.
To begin, please download and fill out the application form. On some web browsers you may need to right click and choose “save-as” in order to save a copy of the form.
For a guideline on the evaluation process, please download our rubric here:
Breeden Grant Rubric
Completed application forms should be submitted at the link below:
Final Report Form
Final Report Form
To be completed at the end of the grant duration by the faculty member recipient of the grant.
Fall 2015 – Securing Funding Breeden Funding PDS
Fall 2014 – Securing Breeden Funding PDS
2015 Breeden Grant Awardees
- 2015 Breeden Grant Abstracts
- Brett Cagg, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Quick-Start Technology for Faculty and Teaching Assistants
- Guanqun Cao, Mathematics & Statistics, Developing Statistical Thinking and Enhancing Communication Skills of Statistical Students
- Lindsay Doukopoulos, English, Strengthening the Core: Building a Networked Improvement Community of Composition Instructors
- Tanya Johnson, Nursing, Healthcare and Leadership in Nursing: Seville, Spain
- Andrew Kozlowski, Art & Art History, Request for Funding to Attend a Workshop at Frogman’s Print & Paper Workshop Hosted by the Univ. of Nebraska – Omaha
- Wayde Morse, Forestry & Wildlife Sciences, Present at the 11th Biennial Conference on University Education in Natural Resources
- Mary Peterson, Nursing, Team-Based Learning Collaborative Annual Conference – Albuquerque, NM
- Lulia Pittman, Foreign Languages & Literature, Translation and Interpreting in the Classroom and Beyond
- Karen Sonik, Art & Art History, “Cabinet of Curiosity”: Building a Teaching Collection of Art Replicas at Auburn University
- Amanda Taylor, Clinical Sciences, Enhancing Veterinary Student Learning with Multimedia 3D Models
- Adrienne Wilson, Theater, Travel to Participate in The Bill Evans Teacher Institute 2016 and The Somatic Dance Conference and Performance Festival
- Courtney Windham, Industrial & Graphic Design, Developing Leaders and Encouraging Creative Business in the Graphic Design Program at Auburn
Past awards, 2008 – 2014:
The Breeden grants abstracts from 2008 through 2014 are available at the Breeden Grant Archive