Summer Course (Re)Design Seminar

question mark iconWhat

Summer Course (Re)Design is the Biggio Center’s flagship program that helps faculty re-envision one course in preparation for teaching in an active learning space. The program is structured around Dee Fink’s Designing Significant Learning Experiences backwards design process.

Faculty participants will:

• Design a new or re-design an existing course using backward design principles
  • Be prepared to use active learning and flourish in current classroom spaces as well as future EASL classrooms
  • Become a part of an ongoing cohort committed to “making teaching visible” by sharing teaching innovations

group iconWho

Faculty from all disciplines are invited to apply for the program.

clock iconWhen

The next program will be held in Summer 2018. Stay tuned for specific dates.

location iconWhere

Mell Classroom Building @ RBD Library

calendar iconTestimonials

“I am extremely grateful for this experience. It helped to validate my teaching, challenge my teaching, connect me with other professors across campus, and overall give me an idea of what the challenges will be in an active classroom setting for both student and professor.”

“[The seminar] gave me a sense of community and support that I hadn’t really experienced before at Auburn. Knowing that there are professionals who can help me be a better teacher for my students and have ideas that can help me transform classes for students’ benefit is a really valuable service and support for faculty.”

“The EASL setting allows you to interact with other students and engage in the process of learning in a way that is just not possible in traditional classrooms.”

“This was a profoundly transformative experience. I haven’t thought so critically about teaching in my entire career.”

“Thank you! After years of teaching, I finally have an idea where to start in terms of planning.”

“This has been an excellent course! I am so glad I was able to meet other faculty on campus and interact with them, especially to gather ideas from them. They were very supportive of ideas, changes and suggestions. Thank you very much for hosting this.”

“Every faculty member should be required to participate!”​

Last modified: June 19, 2017