The Lockdown Browser’s integration with Canvas has been updated to provide more functionality and security.
- LockDown Browser iPad app: A free app that lets students use LockDown Browser on an iPad
- “Early exit”: This feature permits students to exit a quiz early for emergency situations; a student submits a reason for the early exit, which is then reported to the instructor
- Respondus Monitor: This is a companion application for LockDown Browser that uses a student’s webcam to record the assessment session. Note: This feature is currently being funded by Biggio Center.
- Instructor Quick Start Guide
- Student Quick Start Guide
- Lockdown Browser Knowledgebase
- Monitor Knowledgebase
Enabling the Lockdown Browser
The previous method of checking the Lockdown Browser is no longer available.
To enable the Lockdown Browser, (1) click “Settings” within your course then the (2) navigation tab at the top. Find (3) Lockdown Browser listed in the disabled menu and turn on the tool by clicking the three dots then “+ Enable.” (4) Save when finished.
Configuring the Lockdown Browser
Once you’ve enable the Lockdown Browser, (1) click it once in the navigation and (2) authorize using your Auburn/Canvas credentials.
The Lockdown Browser comes with tips and tricks for both teachers and students.
To enable the Lockdown Browser for an exam, click the dropdown arrow next to the quiz and click “Settings.”
Then click the options for your quiz and click “Require the Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam.” The access code is optional.