Auburn University Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning & Pacific Crest, present a “Process Education Teaching Institute”.
Download: Teaching Institute Flyer
When: Friday Sep. 28th and Saturday Sep. 29th, 2012. (8:30-4:30) Registration is currently closed.
Who: Educators interested in improving student success and converting from a traditionally oriented teaching approach to one that is learner and learning-centered. Whether you teach freshmen or graduate students, the institute will help you enhance student performance. The well-known Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning (POGIL) projects have their roots in Process Education™.
- Develop an understanding of an instructional design process that supports active learning, critical thinking, and assessment.
- Learn to value the importance of self-assessment in the growth process and identify ways to make better use of specific assessment tools.
- Act as action researchers, deciding which strategies, tools and techniques might work well (or not) in different learning environments.
- Observe and learn the professional practices of a process educator from the perspective of a student: analyze, learn, & apply new material.
- Participate in an on-going learning community supported through an online forum hosted by the Biggio Center.
Dr. Daniel Apple, the founder and president of Pacific Crest will be the main facilitator. He has been in talks with the Biggio Center for the past few months and will create a customized experience that will be valuable to University faculty and administrators.
Registration: [Call 334-844-3151; Check, Credit Cards or departmental transfer accepted]
$250 (Auburn faculty & staff. 50% scholarships available for first 10 registrants) Link for online registration and payment (Auburn only)
$299 (non-Auburn faculty & staff) Link for online registration and payment (non-Auburn participants)
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on both days. A certificate will be issued to all who complete the institute. Parking passes will be issued for all off-campus attendees.
Links: Learn more about Pacific Crest at www.pcrest.com