Proctoring Options Information
For Information Regarding Proctoring of your exam in Biggin Hall click here:
For Information Regarding Proctoring of your exam using ProctorU click here:
AU Students Wanting In-person Proctoring Elsewhere (not on campus).
Auburn University Testing Services is a member of the National College Testing Association and Consortium of College Testing Centers. We proctor computer-based and print-based exams in adherences to the proctoring requirements of the testing agency or educational institution.
SmarterProctoring is available for use within Canvas and has the option to search for NCTA approved off-campus testing sites. SmarterProctoring allows students to schedule their exam through either AU Testing Services, approved online proctoring services, or approved proctors at other locations from within Canvas. For more information, please view the SmarterProctoring integration guide.
Setting up Third-Party In-person Proctoring
Third-party proctoring is provided by outside vendors on a fee basis paid directly to that vendor. Third-party proctors are not a Biggio Center or Auburn University service. By default, third-party vendors are paid by the student taking the exam. Your department may choose the option to pre-pay proctoring fees.
Prior to a student being able to take their exam with a third-party in-person proctor, that exam must be setup with the proctor by the instructor. Third-party proctoring does not require Canvas. While some proctors do have the option of integrating with your Canvas course, exams may be setup directly with the proctoring service.
- We acknowledge the requirement of the testing agency or educational institution. However, it is our policy all test-takers must provide a current and valid photo ID (e.g. government issued license, passport, student ID). Examinees will not be allowed to test without a valid ID.
Here is a list of approved testing sites for your convenience. You may be able to locate one that is convenient to your location during the semester in which you are taking your course.
The proctor must be one of the following:
- higher education faculty
- higher education instructor
- library administrator
- university testing center staff
- military education office staff
Proctoring at Auburn University for Non-AU Students
The first step in securing an in-person proctor on AU campus for other universities is to provide the following information to your professor for them to complete.
- If you are a faculty member from another university requesting proctoring for one of your students, please submit the online request form for Non-Auburn Students. If you are a student from another university seeking to have your exam proctored by the Auburn University Testing Services, please have your professor fill this form out requesting your test administration.
- Exam information may be sent to AU Biggio Center Testing Services via email email@example.com or via USPS, Auburn University, Biggio Center Testing Services, 237 Biggin Hall, Auburn, AL 36849. Complete instructions should be included for receipt and return of the exam.
Non-AU Student Information for an In-person, on AU Campus Exam Proctoring Appointment.
Once your professor has made contact and provided testing information and permission for you to test on-campus here at AU, you will need to do the following.
- Be aware and prepared that there is a fee for using AU testing facilities. We accept cards, exact cash, and checks.
- We have a strict ID policy to test on AU campus.
- Contact AU Biggio Center Testing Services at the following email firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 334-844-3151 to set up a date and time for your exam.
- Be aware of parking options available by asking about parking in your phone call or email message about your appointment.
AU Testing Services Non-AU Student On-campus Proctoring FEES:
- $30/per two-hour exam (due at time of appointment)
- $12.50 each additional hour (due upon completion of exam)
Exam proctoring is by appointments only. No walk-ins are accepted.
- We acknowledge the requirement of the testing agency or educational institution. However, it is our policy all test-takers must provide a current and valid, physical, tangible photo ID (e.g. government issued license, passport, student ID). Examinees will not be allowed to test without a valid ID. Photos on your phone of your ID are not acceptable.
Last modified: January 27, 2022