Course Toolkit Alternatives
Print Course Roster
To print your course roster from Canvas, we recommend exporting the gradebook to a CSV file first. Within Grades (1), click “Actions” (2) then “Export” (3).
Canvas will export the gradebook as a spreadsheet file you can open on your computer, customize, and print however you prefer. This export is a great way to save your grades as well as email your entire class through your default email client. Note: Column B ID is not the same as Banner ID.
Message All Students
- The course must be published before you can message students.
- You will not receive a copy of your message in your Auburn email account unless you enable “Conversations Created By Me” in Notifications
Change Notification Settings
To receive a copy of your sent messages in Canvas:
- Click on Account Profile on the top-left of Canvas
- On the pop-out menu, click on Notifications to load the settings page
- Scroll down to “Conversations” and click on the check mark next to “Conversations Created By Me”
Compose a Message
To send a message to your students:
- Click the Inbox icon on the top left menu
- Click the pencil icon to open the Compose Message window
- Choose your course from the drop down menu
- In the To field, select Students
- After typing your message, click the blue “Send” button
Once your message is sent, your students will receive a notification in Canvas as well as an email to their Auburn email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I receive a copy of my sent e-mail?
- Not by default, but you can enable the functionality in notifications.
- How can my TAs access the class roster?
- We recommend adding your TAs into your course so they may use the Canvas roster.
- How do I get my undergraduate peer/supplemental instructor access?
- We recommend adding your undergraduate instructors into your course using the role Peer Instructor so they may use the Canvas roster.
Last modified: February 21, 2020