Zoom Presenter’s Guide
Scheduling a Meeting
- Navigate to https://auburn.zoom.us, click “Sign In” in the top-right corner, and login using your Auburn University credentials.
- From the “My Meetings” tab, click “Schedule a New Meeting”
- Fill out the information for your meeting.
- Set your meeting options, we recommend checking “Only Authenticated Users Can Join” if you would like to restrict the meeting to Auburn University participants
- Choose “Save” when you are finished.
- Click “copy the invitation” -copy and email the invitation to your attendees
Starting a Meeting
- Navigate to https://auburn.zoom.us and click “My Meetings”
- Click “start” next to the meeting your choice
- When prompted, click the button to open the Zoom client
- Click “Join Audio Conference by Computer”
- Use the arrows next to the microphone and video icon to select the appropriate input device
- Click the microphone icon to mute or unmuted yourself. Click the camera icon to start or stop your video. Use the “Share Screen” button to share your desktop or powerpoint window.
Managing a Meeting
- Use the “Manage Participants” window to mute participants who leave their microphones open. You can also remove disruptive participants from your meeting with this option.
- Keep your Chat window open. A best practice is to have a facilitator who monitors chat and responds to questions. Your facilitator can notify you of any areas to expand, or bubble up questions to answer
- Share your screen – when screen sharing, take advantage of the ability to share a single window. For example, you can share just your PowerPoint window.
- The chevron next to “Share” allows you to control who can share their screen during a meeting.
Last modified: April 6, 2020