Located in Harris County, Ga., Bartlett’s Ferry Dam was completed in 1926. The dam was originally built by the Columbus Power Company, but in the 1930s was bought by Georgia Power. Placed along the Chattahoochee River, this hydroelectric plant powers the local area using 173,000 kilowatts of power within six units. The 120 foot dam is made of concrete and spans approximately 1,900 feet. The dam forms a reservoir called Lake Harding, also known as Bartlett’s Ferry Lake, which spans 5,850 acres with a 156 mile shoreline. It is a popular recreational area for camping, fishing and water sports.
Photos by Marc Manning and Jessica Shaddix
Tags: Photo Slides