- Professor in the Physics Department at Auburn University
- Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies – College of Sciences and Mathematics
- Director of the Magnetized Plasma Research Laboratory [MPRL]
- Co-Project Director, NSF-EPSCoR RII-Track 1: Connecting the Plasma Universe to Plasma Technology in Alabama (CPU2AL)
Other current professional activities:
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Plasma Physics: 2015 – 2021
- Member of the Facility Science Team for the PK-4 and PlasmaLab microgravity projects – joint Russian-German International Space Station (ISS) projects.
- Chair of the Advisory Committee for the Caribbean Green Technology Center at the University of the Virgin Islands
- Member of the International Advisory Committee for the International Conference on the Physics of Dusty Plasmas.
- Consultant for the non-profit organization – Quality Education for Minorities (QEM Network)
Some past professional activities:
- Member of the National Academies of Sciences Decadal Assessment of Plasma Science Committee (Plasma 2020)
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Low Temperature Plasma Science Center – Control of Plasma Kinetics at University of Michigan: 2011 – 2019
- Charles W. Barkley Professor and Diverstity Faculty Mentor for the Office of Inclusion and Diversity [2015 – 2020]
- Lawrence C. Wit Professor in the College of Sciences and Mathematics (COSAM) [2012 – 2017]
- Member of the American Physical Society – Division of Plasma Physics Executive Committee: 2013 – 2016
- National Academies of Science (NAS) – Plasma Sciences Committee (PLSC): 2004 – 2008. Link to the Plasma 2010 report
- American Physical Society (APS) – Committee on Minorities (COM): 2005-2008
- Member of the Executive Committee of the University Fusion Association (UFA): 2009 – 2012
- Member of U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) – Fusion Energy Sciences Advisory Committee (FESAC): 2002 – 2013
- Co-organizer of the 14th Workshop on the Physics of Dusty Plasmas, May, 2015 in Auburn, Alabama and Special Issue of IEEE Transaction on Plasma Science on Dusty Plasmas (April, 2016).
- Organizer of the ad hoc Workshop on Magnetized Dusty Plasmas, October, 2009 in Auburn, Alabama.
- Organizer of the 10th Worskhop on the Physics of Dusty Plasmas, June, 2003 in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
Honors and awards:
- Auburn University SGA – Outstanding Faculty Member for the Graduate School (2019-2020)
- Elected as Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS) – (2015)
- Auburn SPS – Most Outstanding Professor (MOP) Award – (Spring, 2014)
- Professional Improvement Leave – (Spring, 2013)
- Dean’s Research Award – College of Sciences and Mathematics – Auburn University (2013)
- Elected as Fellow of the Alabama Academy of Sciences (2012)
- Elected as Fellow of the National Society of Black Physicists (2011)
- Professional Improvement Leave – Department of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Iowa (Fall, 2006)
- Elected for membership, International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Commission H (2004)
- Outstanding Academic Advisor – College of Science and Mathematics – Auburn University (2003)
- CAREER – Faculty Early Career Development award – National Science Foundation (1998)
- National Society of Black Physicists – Outstanding Dissertation Award (1998)
- Auburn University, Physics Department – Outstanding Graduate Research Award (1996)
- Alabama / Department of Energy EPSCoR Traineeship (1994)
- AT&T Bell Laboratories – Corporate Research Fellowship Program (1989)