Events / Event Planning /
Planning events is oftentimes a rewarding experience for students but requires multiple steps and precautions to ensure that student safety is an utmost priority. Student Involvement provides tools and tips to assist in ensuring your event planning process runs as smoothly as possible.
Auburn University Event Guidelines Updated 3.01.21)
COVID-19 will affect Student Organizations greatly over the next several months. Guidelines have been created to assist student organizations leaders in successfully leading their organization. All student organizations are expected to conduct their organization business in accordance with these guidelines. To access the guidelines, click here.
Auburn University has currently released event guidelines for events effective March 1, 2021.
Informed by the best medical advice available, Auburn has continuously evaluated the university’s policies, guidelines and timeline for returning to full on-campus operations since the onset of the pandemic. Out of an abundance of caution, the university is making operational adjustments in response to emerging health scenarios in Lee County, in Alabama and across the country.
Operational guidance is as follows, effective March 1:
- Events with more than 100 attendees are not permitted.
- All Auburn University-affiliated events hosted on or off campus require prior approval and full compliance with university protocols.
- This guidance does not apply to commencement, athletic events or academic classroom settings.
- All Auburn University-affiliated training and certification courses (CEU’s, etc.) do not fall under the Auburn University academic classroom setting and will require prior approval and full compliance with university protocols.
- Events with 100 or less attendees, that match the criteria in the Events policy should be submitted to the Campus Event Planning System (CEPS). Submit request in CEPS at least 30 days in advance of the proposed event date. Additionally, any student organization event should be submitted to AUinvolve.
- All requests must include a description of how event planners will ensure appropriate physical distancing in a space that accommodates the group.
- Event coordinators are expected to maintain a list that includes name, telephone number and email address for every attendee, which will be used if there is a need for contact tracing.
- All event attendees are required to wear masks or face coverings. University faculty, staff, and students must complete their Auburn Healthcheck Survey and show their A Healthier U Pass (green screen) to attend events. Non-university event attendees must answer questions regarding symptoms, all of which will occur daily for multi-day events.
- The preferred method of food/drink service is premade boxed meals and drinks that are sealed and unopened. Served buffets will be permitted if they are catered by Tiger Dining or The Hotel at Auburn University. Work through regular channels (Campus Events Planning System, AUinvolve, etc.) for guidance.
- Event coordinators are responsible for ensuring adherence to all guidelines.
- For information on submitting virtual events, contact email@example.com.
All operational changes are informed by health trends in our community and state and may be adjusted if scenarios change or new information becomes available. Continued cooperation and adherence to important safety protocols remain essential.
For updates and more information regarding COVID-19 visit AU’s official coronavirus webpage.
Sample event planning process:
- Contact the location in which you would like to host your event to discuss availability and room locations for your desired event.
- Fill out an Event Request Form through the Office of Communications & Marketing (auburn.edu/auevent). This form may require you to obtain additional permits or forms for various reasons (amplified sound, tents, etc).
- Apply for any advertising permits on AUinvolve. (SAOs are the only organizations in which advertising permits will be approved prior to the event approval on CEPS. Should the event not be approved, the organization is responsible for any promotional costs)
- Submit your event information to AUinvolve
- Upon approval of your Event Request Form, within 2-3 business days contact the venue manager to confirm your reservation. Your reservation hold will be released if you do not contact within the allotted time period.
Last modified: March 1, 2021