Office of Student Involvement / Learning Outcomes /
Being involved as a student leader within the Office of Student Involvement teaches students many skills that enhance their learning experience inside the classroom. The Student Learning Outcomes developed by the Office of Student Involvement assist students in making meaning of their experience and articulating what their experience as a Student Activity Portfolio Executive Officer has meant.
Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics and effective teamwork.
- Demonstrate communication skills and the ability to interrelate with others.
- Work cooperatively with others, seeking their involvement and feedback.
- Understand and practice steps of effective programming.
- Utilize personnel and financial resources appropriately.
Objective #2– Social Responsibility
Enhance awareness and commitment towards active citizenship and social responsibility.
- Recognize the contribution diversity brings to their own campus and society by engaging in activities with individuals different from themselves.
- Recognize and understand one’s own values, identity, privilege and culture.
- Participate in service/volunteer activities to understand the importance of civic engagement.
Objective #3- Professional Readiness
Relate the skills acquired through their involvement to their career & personal growth.
- Articulate the connection between campus involvement and curricular studies on a Resume or ePortfolio.
- Set, articulate, and pursue individual and educational goals.
- Accept and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Choose behaviors and environments that promote health and reduce risk.
Objective #4– Critical Thinking
Develop critical and reflective thinking abilities.
- Use complex information from a variety of sources including personal, data and observation to form a decision or opinion.
- Measure service and impact of their programs on the student body.
- Apply previously understood information and concepts to a new situation or setting.
Objective #5– Student Engagement
Connect with the Auburn campus community through the Office of Student Involvement.
- Demonstrate active campus involvement.
- Discover values of the Auburn Creed.
- Participate in activities that encourage an inclusive environment.
Last modified: July 23, 2018