Please make note of the information below to assure you have everything you need for your presentation to be a success!
- PC laptops will be provided. Please plan to load your presentation to the laptop assigned to your room during the break before your session.
- If you wish to use your own laptop, you will need to bring your own dongles and adapters to connect your machine to the projector system. HDMI hookups are available in all rooms.
- WiFi will be available throughout the conference.
- Please keep accessibility in mind when creating your presentation. Accessibility tips can be found below.
ROOM SETUP AND LOGISTICS
- There will be a 20-minute break between sessions to allow you time to prepare the room for your presentation.
- Room setup varies depending on session type. Most sessions will be set up in rows. Teaching demonstrations will be set up with round tables, and roundtable presentations will be set up in a U-shape/conference style.
- All concurrent sessions during the conference will be held at the Auburn University Hotel & Conference Center. Pre- and post-conference workshops will be held at Auburn University’s Ralph Brown Draughon Library and the Mell Classroom Building across the street from the hotel. Escorts will be available to guide you.
- Additional details for workshops, panels, individual papers, and posters are outlined below. Please be sure to read this important information so you are fully prepared for your presentation.
ACCESSIBILITY TIPS FOR PRESENTERS
- Use a sans serif font (i.e. Arial, Calibri, Helvetica) that is at least 22 point.
- Use a light colored background with dark text.
- Use a plain background without any watermark, photo, or design behind the text.
- Use a PowerPoint as an outline for your presentation, with only short sentences and/or bulleted phrases (about 4 lines of text/40 words per slide).
- Keep it short — on average, assume one slide for every two minutes of speaking time.
- If you are using videos, they should be captioned.