In honor of IWAC’s 25th anniversary and thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we are able to offer the following for IWAC 2018:
- Extend the conference to 3 full days
- Include one free workshop per registration
- Serve breakfast and lunch daily for participants
- Host a 25th anniversary celebration dinner
- Provide an evening cabaret event
- Offer 20 full scholarships
Prices include 6 meals for the conference (breakfast and lunch each day) and a free workshop of your choice.
Click here to register today.
- $350 – Full-Time Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- $250 – Students, High School Teachers, Part-Time Faculty
- $425 – Full-Time Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- $325 – Students, High School Teachers, Part-Time Faculty
One workshop of your choice will be included with your registration. Participants will have the opportunity to attend one workshop at the beginning of the conference or at the end of the conference. You will be allowed to select workshops on a first-come, first-serve basis, and when a workshop is full, you will be asked to select a different workshop. You can register for an additional workshop for $25. To view the list of workshops and their descriptions, visit the workshops page.
The 2018 conference will offer approximately 90 sessions, including roundtables, teaching demonstrations, panels, individual papers or presentations, 5 x 10s, and posters that explore the many interpretations the conference theme encompasses. Presenters from universities, community colleges, and high schools will be covering topics such as assessment, community literacy, disciplinary content, ePortfolios, writing centers, faculty development, learning communities, multilingual writing, multimodality, mindfulness and contemplative practice, research, transfer and transitioning, extension programs, writing for STEM, digital composition, and more. The complete program schedule will be announced in January. Please check back for updated information.
ALABAMA HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS
Alabama high school teachers have the opportunity to receive CEU credits for attending conference workshops and sessions. More details will be provided at a later date. Please direct any questions to Sandy Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.