Auburn University Student Counseling & Psychological Services (SCPS)Summary of Internship Experience
A written evaluation will be completed around every 3 months. Informal feedback is invited and encouraged throughout the year. Evaluations are completed related to every training component including individual supervision, group co-leading, supervision of supervision, diversity seminar, and didactic seminar. Feedback is bidirectional and includes feedback to interns and the respective supervisor/facilitator.
If a candidate is interested in learning more about the specific evaluation items, they can contact the Training Director at email@example.com. Below are the rating criteria.
For the more specific and involved evaluations such as with individual supervision, group co-leading and supervision of supervision, the ratings are anchored on a 0-5 numeric rating system. Ratings are expected to increase throughout the training year. At the mid-year (6 month) evaluation, all ratings are to be 2 or above with at least 50% of the ratings 3 or above. At the end of the internship year, all ratings are to be 3 or above with at least 80% of the ratings 4 or above.
(5) The trainee has shown strong evidence of the knowledge, awareness, and/or skill, and performance is consistent even with non-routine/anomaly cases. Knowledge, awareness, and/or skill are comparable to autonomous practice at licensure level. This is a frequent rating at completion of postdoctoral training.
(4) The trainee has shown a great deal of evidence of the knowledge, awareness, and/or skill, and performance is almost always consistent. Knowledge, awareness, and/or skill demonstrated in all but non-routine cases. Limited supervision is needed. This is a frequent rating at completion of doctoral internship.
(3) Trainee has shown frequent evidence of the knowledge, awareness, and/or skill, and performance is more consistent. Trainee is able to work more independently and generates more of their own ideas rather than offering ideas as much in response to supervisor suggestions.
(2) The trainee has shown some evidence of the knowledge, awareness, and/or skill, but performance is inconsistent. Should remain focus of supervision to increase consistency and help advance to stronger evidence of knowledge, awareness, and/or skill. Not uncommon rating for 3 month evaluation of interns.
(1) This is an emerging knowledge, awareness, and/or skill for trainee, and performance is inconsistent. Common rating for entry-level practicum. Extra attention and focus should be provided in supervision if this rating is provided for a doctoral intern. Remedial work may be required if this rating is provided for a doctoral intern.
(0) Trainee lacks understanding and demonstrates minimal evidence of the knowledge, awareness, and/or skill OR trainee demonstrates problematic or harmful behavior requiring immediate attention. Increased supervision and remedial work will be required if this rating is provided for a doctoral intern.
N/A Not applicable for this training experience or not assessed by this supervisor.
For didactic seminars, the rating is Meets or Below expectations with regards to 4 items that relate to engagement and professionalism.