“Susie and I have had a blast at Auburn the past 10 years,” said Gogue. “We’re not going anywhere, but we decided it’s time to step down as president next year and begin the next phase of our lives.”
Gogue, who has been Auburn’s leader since 2007, is expected to remain as president until his successor is named, sometime in 2017.
Charles McCrary, president pro tem of the board, appointed Trustee Raymond Harbert to chair the search committee. Harbert asked Trustees Michael DeMaioribus and Sarah Newton to serve with him. The committee will utilize the services of R. William Funk & Associates, a higher education search firm out of Dallas, Texas.
In addition to Harbert, the Auburn presidential search advisory committee is composed of the following:
- Beau Byrd II; president-elect, Auburn Alumni Association
- Mike DeMaioribus, member, Auburn Board of Trustees
- Deacue Fields; chair and professor, Department of Agricultural Economics
- Thom Gossom; chair, Auburn University Foundation
- Sharon Haynes; county coordinator, Alabama Cooperative Extension System
- Rhea Ingram; dean, College of Business at Auburn University at Montgomery
- Timothy Jones; chair, Auburn Administrative & Professional Assembly
- Sarah B. Newton; member, Auburn Board of Trustees
- Laura Plexico; associate professor, Department of Communication Disorders
- Chris Roberts; dean, Samuel Ginn College of Engineering
- Althea Tate; chair, Auburn Staff Council
- Larry Teeter; professor, School of Forestry & Wildlife Sciences
- Jesse Westerhouse; president, Student Government Association
Future updates regarding the search will be featured at http://ocm.auburn.edu/newsroom/.