Outstanding Alumnus Award
The Outstanding Alumnus Award was presented in February of 2013 to Retired Professor & Extension Specialist Larkin Wade.
Mr. Wade joined Auburn University in 1965 as Extension Forester in the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service. He served as head of the Extension natural resources group from 1975-1986 and served as coordinator of Extension forestry programs from 1986 to 1993.
Mr. Wade developed successful Extension programs and funding mechanisms for professions, youth and adults for twenty five years. He received the Excellence in Extension Award from the Auburn Alumni Association in 1985. The rank of Professor was conferred in 1988, and he was named the W. Kelly Mosley Environmental Professor on in 1990.
- Dean and Mrs. Alavalapati Host Annual Dean’s Tailgate
- SFWS Hosts Tour and Reception for AU Board of Trustee member, Elizabeth Huntley
- Permanent endowment for the SFWS Kreher Preserve and Nature Center created in honor of the late Nicholas Holler
- Auburn University Hires First Arborist
- SFWS researchers studying prevalence of tick-borne illnesses in Alabama