Fall 2014 seminars
SFWS Seminar Series is held Wednesdays from 11 am - 12 pm; refreshments provided and CFEs are available. Held in room 1101 unless noted with asterisk (*) - those will be in room 1223.
- Sept. 10: Jodie Kenney; SFWS
"Advising At-Risk Students: I Will Make a Difference!"
- Sept. 17: Sujit Banerjee; Georgia Tech - Chemical Engineering Dept.
"Mechanism of VOC Release from Wood Drying"
- Sept 24: Andrew Liebhold; USDA Forest Svc. Northern Research Station, Morgantown, WV
"Forest Insect &; Disease Invasions in N. America - How Are They Getting Here and How Can They Be Stopped?"
- Oct. 1: Mike Conner; Joseph W. Jones Ecological Research Center in Newton, GA
Predation in the fire forest: a long-term mesopredator exclosure experiment"
- Oct. 8: David South; SFWS
"Has extra CO2 increased the number of wildfires?"
- Oct. 15: Edward McGrawley; Department of Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology, Louisiana State University
Rotylenchulus and Bursaphelenchus: the ying and yang of nematodes in Louisiana"
- Oct. 22: Craig Guyer; Biological Sciences, Auburn University
"Conserving Alabama's Reptiles and Amphibians: Threats, Priorities, and Successes"
- Oct. 29: Jacob Berkowitz; United States Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center in Vicksburg Mississippi
"Evolution of the Army Corps of Engineers as a natural resource management agency and the need for rapid science-based approaches to the quantification of forested wetland biogeochemical functions"
- Nov. 5: Richard Chandler; University of Georgia's Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
"Spatial occupancy models and capture-recapture models in applied ecological research"
- Nov. 12: Shih-Chieh Kao;Environmental Sciences Division and Climate Change Science Institute at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
"A Quantitative Assessment Framework for Potential Climate Change Impacts on National Hydropower Generation
Forestry and Football: Game-day continuing education series at Weagle Woods
** All Gameday seminars take place in Weagle Woods, 3 hours prior to kickoff
Information coming soon!