The School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences has announced its 3rd annual Photo/Video Contest. The goal of the contest is three-fold: 1. to communicate in images the kinds of things that we do here in the School, including research, teaching, and extension/outreach; 2. to recognize the artistic prowess of our faculty, staff, and students, and 3. to showcase numbers 1 and 2 on walls throughout our building.
Here are the rules:
- Anyone affiliated with the School can participate, including students, staff, faculty, and alumni
- Photos (and videos) must have been taken after the deadline for last year’s contest (November 1st, 2012).
- Photos will be evaluated in one of 9 categories relevant to the School’s goals:
- Alabama Plants
- Alabama Wildlife
- Alabama Landscapes
- Extension / Outreach
- Game Camera Photos
- Alumni – all alumni photos should be submitted in this category, regardless of which of the above categories they might fall in.
- Note that any wildlife, plants, or landscape photos taken outside Alabama should be submitted under the category of ‘travel’
- Each individual may only submit one photo per category
- Note that we have a new category this year: Game Cameras, where you can submit your best game camera photos.
- We also have a new category exclusively for photos taken BY (not of) alumni. The topic of such photos may fall in any of the other 8 photo categories.
- In entering your photo (or video) into the contest, you release the right to use in promotional and marketing materials created by the university.
All photos will be uploaded to the SFWS facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ausfws). Followers of the page can ‘like’ their favorites photos, and the number of ‘likes’ a photo gets will be considered by the committee in deciding the photo winners.
This year, we are once again accepting videos as part of the contest. Videos should be no more than 2 minutes in length, and should fit one or more of the photo categories. We are looking for web-suitable videos that represent or showcase some aspect of the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences. Creativity and humor are encouraged.
The deadline for photo and video submission is November 1st, 2013
Winners will be recognized and their photos will be framed and displayed in a prominent location in the School. The winning video will have the opportunity for prominent display on the SFWS website and social media.
To submit an entry to the contest, click on this link:
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Todd Steury (firstname.lastname@example.org).