NEW THIS YEAR: SGA is utilizing a single application for all SGA Cabinet positions. This includes Executive level, Assistant Vice President, and Director/Assistant Director positions.
Students only need to complete the application once and will be given the opportunity to select what levels of SGA leadership for which they wish to be considered.
Position breakdown is as follows:
- Executive level: oversee a team of 15-25 students, ~20 hour a week time commitment. Applications close Feb. 7 at 4:45 p.m.
- Assistant Vice President level: oversee a team of 3-7 students, ~10 hour a week time commitment. Applications close Feb. 25 at 4:45 p.m.
- Director/Assistant Director level: focus on a specific project, ~5 hour a week time commitment. Applications close March 4 at 4:45 p.m.
Optional information sessions will be held at the following times:
- Thursday, January 30th from 4-5 p.m. in Mell 3510a
- Tuesday, February 18th from 5-6 p.m. in Student Center 2223
Required Qualifications for all SGA positions:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at Auburn University for the duration of the term, unless enrolled in the graduation course (summer not required).
- Must have and maintain a cumulative, un-gapped, Auburn University hours only GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must be able to attend and participate in all training sessions, staff meetings, and other assigned events throughout your term of office.
- Available for Cabinet meetings from 6:15-7:15 PM during Spring 2020 and Fall 2020. Cabinet meetings begin Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Must attend 7/10 Camp War Eagle pep rallies during Summer 2020. If you are unable to fulfill this responsibility, you will need to coordinate a substitute for your absence(s).
Additional Expectations of SGA Cabinet Members:
- Complete a total of 3 SGA office hours per week
- Complete 1 hour representing SGA on the concourse per month
- Attend all SGA retreats
- Attend weekly team meetings
Elections Council and Elections Board (E-Board applications and information will be available in March 2020.
SGA Judicial Branch applications and information will be available in March 2020.