Over the next four months, the Tiger Transit system will be implementing changes in order to adapt to the closure of Mell Street. The route changes are given in detail below. The changes will begin on May 18, 2015, and will be fully implemented by August 18, 2015. 4.
Tiger Ten Late Night Service is suspended during the summer semester and resumes on August 14, 2015.
The following information was provided by Rex L. Huffman, Manager of Transit Services.
For more information, visit http://www.auburn.edu/transit regarding the changes to Summer and Fall 2015.
- Effective: May 18, 2015
- Route Changes: College Loop, Longleaf, East University, Opelika Road and the North Auburn lines.
- The College Loop Line has been shifted from the Mell Street Transit Hub and now departs from the Student Center Hub. The College Loop Line provides service for all previously serviced stops with the exception of the RBD Library stop number 257.
- The Longleaf Line no longer services the stop located at the intersection of S. Donahue and Woodfield Drive stop number 263. Service is obtained through the utilization of the College Loop line.
- The East University Line will begin departing from the Student Center Hub. The East University Line provides service for all previously serviced stops with the exception of the Mell Street Station, Lakewood Commons #2 (stop number 207) and the RBD Library (stop number 257).
- The Opelika Road Line has been shifted from the Student Center Transit Hub and now departs from the Mell Street Transit Hub. Service for the Haley Center/Student Center (stop number 182) is permanently suspended on The Opelika Road line. The Opelika Road route is not scheduled to provide service for the RBD library stop.
- The North Auburn Line departs from the Mell Street Station and continues to service all existing stops with the exception of the McKinley Avenue/ Dean Road transit stop (stop number 701).
- The North Auburn line route will be adjusted due to the new development at 160 Ross Street. When this development is occupied, the transit stop which provides service for the Cabana Apartments will also service the new 160 Ross Street development on Debardeleben Street.
- Route Changes: affect the East Parking – AU Hotel, Central – East and the South College Lines.
- The East Parking – AU Hotel Line will be altered. Due to the closure of Mell Street, the East Parking route no longer services the RBD Library, Corley Hall, Duncan Hall, Upchurch Hall or the Old KA parking lot. Service for these stops can be obtained by either utilizing the new stop at the corner of West Samford Avenue/ Mell Street or the new stop at the corner of Roosevelt Drive/ Mell Street.
- The Alumni Center transit stop (stop number 167) has been shifted from its current location to the intersection of Miller Avenue at South Gay Street.
- The Central – East Line is significantly changed due to the closure of Mell Street. This route no longer services the RBD library, Corley Hall, Duncan Hall, or Upchurch Hall. Service for these stops can be obtained by either utilizing the new stop at the corner of West Samford Avenue/ Mell Street or the currently existing transit stop (stop number 127) at the Ramsay Hall location.
- The South College Line will no longer provide service to the RBD library stop. Service for the RBD Library can be obtained by the utilization of the new stop at the corner of Roosevelt/ Mell Street.
- Effective: August 15, 2015
- Route Changes: Includes the previous made changes as well as changes to the South College and “New” South Donahue lines.
- South Donahue Line. This is a new line which is being established to improve service to developments located on South Donahue and East Longleaf Drive. The South Donahue Line departs from the Student Center Hub and provides service for The Connection (stop number 288) and the Southern Edge (stop number 273).
- South College Line. The elimination of service for The Connection stop number 288 and the Southern Edge stop number 273 reduces the total length of time required for a single bus to complete one circuit of the route by 10 minutes. Passengers who previously obtained service for the three stops eliminated from this route can obtain service through the utilization of the “new” South Donahue line as detailed above.