The SGA Academic Affairs team is committed to working with administrators, faculty, and staff to voice student opinion regarding all areas of academics on campus. All students at Auburn, across every major, deserve a top-tier academic experience, which we remain committed to provide.
- Research and explore options for adding additional individual, group and outdoor study spaces to campus
- Develop and implement a campus-wide course syllabus bank that will allow students to browse faculty syllabi before registering for classes.
- Design a framework that will make it easier for faculty to implement Open Educational Resources (free-sourced, online textbooks) within the courses they teach, including conducting a mini-grant program in which professors review these online textbooks.
- Decrease the amount of unassigned courses (TBAs) prior to registration so students know who their professors are and can plan accordingly.
- Research alternative course evaluation methods.
- Develop and implement a policy pertaining to course assignments in the week prior to final examinations that would limit the types and weight of assignments, as to promote a balanced semester and combat student academic stress at the end of the semester.
Please let the Academic Affairs team know how we can improve your academic experience at Auburn through SGA’s official website, www.auburnanswers.org. In addition, please feel free to contact any of the team members listed at the bottom of this page. The Academic Affairs team is committed to timely service, so you may expect a response within 48 hours.