The SGA Auxiliary Services Council partners with Auburn University Auxiliary Services to represent and advocate for students in initiatives regarding Campus Dining, Parking and Transportation, TigerCards, the University Bookstore, and CopyCat. Some recent accomplishments of the Auxiliary Services Council include
- Expansion of Chickfila and Chickfila breakfast in the Student Center
- TigerCard use in the stadium
- Development and installation of Go Greek in the Student Center
- Installation of PinkBerry Frozen Yogurt in the Village
- Improvements to Tiger Transit routes and Late Night Transportation
- Collegiate Readership is now available online. Birmingham News replaced with the New York Times
- Reduction in price point for Tiger Zone and creating a cafeteria style dining venue, one of the healthiest and freshest venues on campus.
- Installation of Chicken Salad Chick for Fall 2014
The SGA Auxiliary Services Council is always looking for student input to better advocate for the daily needs of Auburn students.
Our primary goals for the coming year are as follows:
- Restructure Late-Night Transportation: Our objective is to work with Security Shuttle and Late-Night Transit to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of night transportation across the board. This may simply be assessment of underrepresented areas and improvement of service to those areas, or it may spark actual, structural change in both transportation programs. Student participation in the SGA Open Forum on Parking and Transportation will play a large role in assessing that need.
- Dining Variety Improvements: Tiger Dining and Chartwells are working closely with SGA to continue adding innovative and new options to campus so that students’ interests and preferences are best served. We look forward to the new ideas that will be developed in the SGA Open Forum on Campus Dining and we are excited to work on implementing those ideas.
- Collegiate Readership: The newspapers provided on Auburn’s campus have served Auburn students very well, and we hope to both improve the selection offered in the Collegiate Readership bins as well as raise awareness about this incredible service.
- Sustainable Cup: SGA is working with Administrators and Chartwells on a sustainable cup that students can use in multiple dining venues for a reduced drink price.
- Sustainability: SGA as a whole is striving to promote sustainability in all of our initiatives. The Auxiliary Services team is working on incorporating sustainability into various aspects of campus dining.
AVP of Auxiliary Services
Director of Auxiliary Services
Senator for Student Affairs
Director of Parking
Director of Transportation