The SGA Auxiliary Services Council partners with Auburn University Auxiliary Services to represent and advocate for students in initiatives regarding Campus Dining, Parking and Transportation, TigerCards, the University Bookstore, and Housing & Residence Life. The SGA Auxiliary Services Council is always looking for student input to better advocate for the daily needs of Auburn students.
- Conducted a campus-wide referendum that resulted in the student body selecting Einstein Brothers Bagels as the next new dining venue to be added to campus in the Haley Center.
- Creation of a partnership with Beat Bama Food Drive that allows for students to turn in canned foods to pay off their campus parking tickets.
- Installation of Chicken Salad Chick in Foy Hall.
- TigerCard use in the Stadium.
- Development and implementation of the Tiger Ten late-night transportation system.
- Create a Dining Task Force that is comprised of a diverse group of Auburn students that will spend the year conducting a full-scale analysis of dining on Auburn’s campus, identifying shortfalls and making recommendations for the future.
- Advocate for the expansion of house of operation for campus dining vneues, specifically regarding late-night dining and weekend and summer hours.
- Provide students with more transparency on what parking ticket money is utilized for.
- Exploration of implementing an app that would allow you to locate parking spots on campus and keep up with the capacity of parking lots at any time.
- Implementation of a digital TigerCard that would be available on your cellphone and could be used around campus just as a normal, physical card would be.
- Implementation of Weagle Water stations into the Village and Quad residence halls.
Assistant Vice President of Auxiliary Services
Director of Auxiliaries
Director of Dining
Director of Parking and Transportation
Director of Residence Life and Housing