In 1943, George Petrie wrote down what he believed to be the ideals of the Auburn Family. Little did he know that his Creed would become one of Auburn’s most sacred doctrines. Creed Week is a brand new program created by SGA to celebrate the history and spirit of the Auburn creed. Each day of Creed Week will be dedicated to a set of lines in the creed. Through partnerships between SGA and groups across campus, Creed Week will be filled with events and activities that will encourage the Auburn family to “Live the Creed”. We hope that this new program will demonstrate what it truly means to “believe in Auburn, and love it!”
Creed Week 2017
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.
- Get scantrons with the Career Center on the concourse at 10 a.m.
- “When I Grow Up” on the concourse at 10 a.m.
- “Be the Creed” Reception at the Alumni Center at 4 p.m. (invitation only)
I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.
I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.
- “Pop Your Problems” with bubble wrap on the concourse at 10 a.m.
- Be well with Active Minds’ Be Well Hut on the concourse at 10 a.m.
- Group zumba on the green space at 10 a.m.
- Group yoga on the green space at 1 p.m.
- Auburn vs. Samford Baseball Game in Plainsman Park at 3 p.m. – Get a free hotdog with your Creed Week sticker
I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.
I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.
- “Sit Down Make, Make A Friend” with the Auburn Police Department and Campus Police on the concourse at 10 a.m.
- Spin the wheel of kindness on the concourse at 10 a.m.
I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by “doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God.”
- Write a letter to deployed alumni with ROTC, Silver Wings, Auburn Alumnae and Student Veterans on the concourse at 9 a.m.
And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
- “I Believe in Auburn and Love It” Tailgate with WEGL and Tiger Dining on the Greenspace at 11 a.m.
- Petting zoo on the green space at 11 a.m.
- Family Friday on the green space at 11 a.m.
Director of Creed Week