We’re seeking 4 students to join our team for the 2020-21 academic year!
In applying specific knowledge, skills, & talents to individual & team projects, student staff will:
- help cultivate & spread an ethic & practice of sustainability;
- take a leadership role in sustainability projects on campus;
- serve as a liaison for the Office of Sustainability;
- help with office support duties;
- assist with the campus battery recycling program;
- attend a weekly staff meeting;
- attend a weekly educational meeting;
- attend all office-sponsored events; &
- attend sustainability trainings & other events.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, team-oriented, collaborative, detail-oriented, & capable of independent work.
Student staff are expected to work 15 hours per week beginning one week prior to the start of the fall semester through the last week of classes for the spring semester. Student staff are not expected to work when classes are not in session or during the week of finals.
Positions are open to students from any academic discipline, who will have sophomore, junior, or senior standing. Workstudy students are encouraged to apply. All positions pay a living wage.
Positions currently accepting applications within the Office of Sustainability include:
- Communications Specialist,
- Design Specialist,
- Outreach Coordinator, &
- Program Coordinator.
Job candidates should submit an application under EACH position for which they want to be considered.
1. transcript (unofficial copy is fine);
2. resumé, including name and contact info for at least one on-campus reference;
3. a cover letter describing your interest in the position & your relevant experience; &
4. a work sample highlighting skills in writing, design, OR videography.
The application deadline is 11:55 pm, Saturday, February 29.
For questions, please feel free to contact our office.