We’re offering unpaid student internship opportunities for the 2018-19 school year beginning with the Fall semester in August.
Students interested in or passionate about sustainability, who want to make a difference by applying their talents, training, and skills in ways that will support Auburn University in its move toward sustainability, are encouraged to apply.
Interns will be involved in a variety of individual and team projects, and are expected to work 10 hours per week when classes are in session.
Specifically, we are looking for interns who can help us in one or more of the following areas:
- Communications: Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, and WordPress.
- Content Creation: graphic design, videography, writing, and behavior-change campaigns.
- Outreach: Peers Network, Sustainability Picnic, Green Game, Sustainability Speaker Series, and Spirit of Sustainability Awards, among others.
- Policy and Research: data collection for STARS, greenhouse gas inventory, and assessing the effectiveness of unit-level sustainability efforts.
In applying specific skills, interns will:
- be part of a team to cultivate and spread an ethic and practice of sustainability;
- take a leadership role in sustainability projects on campus;
- serve as a liaison for the Office of Sustainability;
- help with office support duties;
- attend a weekly intern meeting; and
- attend sustainability conferences and other events.
Internships are open to students from any academic discipline, who will have sophomore, junior, or senior standing.
Candidates must be self-motivated, team-oriented, collaborative, and capable of independent work.
If you’re interested, please apply via our position announcement on Handshake. Interested applicants will need to include the following uploads with their application:
1. transcript (unofficial copy is fine);
2. resumé, including name and contact info for at least one on-campus reference;
3. a cover letter describing your interest in the position and your relevant experience; and
4. a work sample highlighting skills in writing, design, OR videography.
Application deadline is 5:00 pm, Friday, March 2nd.
For questions, please feel free to contact our office.