Who We Are
Universities Fighting World Hunger represents a campus best practice in international programming and sustainable human development. It creates a learning environment where intellectual discovery and social responsibility converge in pursuit of a sustainable world – a world that protects our natural environment and enhances human health and well-being for present and future generations.
What We Do
In partnership with the UN World Food Programme, Universities Fighting World Hunger is the catalyst mobilizing universities across the nation and around the globe to make fighting hunger a core value of higher education institutions worldwide with a mission to create an academic hunger model that is suitable for replication or adaptation by universities in the US and abroad.
- Lebanon registers 1 million Syrian refugees
- WFP, UNHCR expect millions to be hungry if crisis continues
- South Sudan Urgently Needs Help to Stave Off Famine, U.N. Warns
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This