What is the UFWH Summit?
Each year hundreds of students, representing UFWH activities at campuses around the world, gather to share best practices and inspiration, listen to world-renowned keynote speakers and honor extraordinary student leaders.
This year it will be hosted at Auburn University. Up to 400 student and faculty leaders, representing scores of universities are expected. In addition, representatives from the private sector, government, NGOs and hunger advocacy groups will attend. The Summit will combine exciting plenary sessions with speakers such as Alfred Oromo Orono and Mick Jackson with Activity Sessions that will include taping videos, packaging food for the hungry overseas and attending advocacy how-to workshops.
What is the focus of the 2014 UFWH Annual Summit?
The 2014 Summit will put a strong emphasis on identifying hunger solutions, best practices, and innovations and partnerships. The purpose is to give participants not just inspiration, but practical and replicable actions that they can bring back to their campuses and communities.
Panels and interactive sessions, featuring experts and practitioners from many fields will include some of the following topics:
Getting Serious about …
• … leveraging innovation and social entrepreneurship
• … how to solve hunger in the developing world
• … ending child hunger – in America
• … achieving social justice through improved food policies
• … expanding university engagement
• … creating effective multi-sector partnerships
What is the Format?
The Summit will strike a balance between inclusive sessions featuring global leaders in government, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector, as well as smaller interactive break-out sessions. We are therefore encouraging group participation, offering special discounted rates for teams coming from the same university. This way the ideas, energy and momentum gained at the Summit can be brought back to campuses all over the world.
Can I be a UFWH Summit Sponsor?
Universities Fighting World Hunger has become a recognized leader in the international hunger and development community. Becoming a partner – at any level – is an excellent opportunity to work together with UFWH, as well with its supporting partners. Additionally sponsors will:
• Showcase your institution’s commitment for social responsibility
• Have access to hundreds of universities around the world through their most active student and administrative leaders
• Meet some of the brightest and most dedicated of tomorrow’s future leaders – up to 500 from scores of universities around the US, Canada and the world are expected at UFWH Summit 2014
• Become an active partner in the fight against hunger – at home and abroad
For more information contact Paula Hunker at email@example.com.