Becoming a Member
The 2022-2023 War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen interview sign-ups will be available online February 1st. All first round interviews will be held in the Auburn Alumni Center. Professional attire is highly suggested. There will be a $20 interview fee, payable in cash when you arrive for your interview.
Interview Sign-Ups close February 18th at midnight.
To sign up for an Interview, please visit:
Please contact Joseph Mungenast (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the information provided on this page to become a member or to request any special recommendations to participate in the selection process.
Sign Up for an “Appointment.” Gentlemen, visit the Plainsmen Interviews page. Ladies, visit the War Eagle Girls Interviews page.
First round interviews will held Monday, February 21st – Thursday, February 24th. The results from the first round interviews will be announced at 9:00 p.m. Thursday, February 24th in front of Samford Hall. Second round interviews will be held Friday, February 25th in Samford Hall. The 2022-2023 War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen will be announced at 8:00 p.m. Friday, February 25th in front of Samford Hall.
We will host two information sessions on Thursday, January 27th from 5:30-6:30p.m. and February 7th from 5:30-6:30p.m.
PURPOSE OF WAR EAGLE GIRLS AND PLAINSMEN
As official hostesses and hosts of Auburn University, it shall be the purpose of the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen to provide services to, and to promote pride in, the University and all of its functions through dedication and responsible conduct of its students and organizations. Furthermore, the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen shall work in unity with the President of Auburn University, staff, faculty, students, Auburn Alumni, and the Auburn Community.
BECOMING A MEMBER
The group is chosen through a process consisting of two interviews, the first narrowing the field to 25 women and 25 men and the second resulting in callouts in front of Samford Hall of 26 members, 13 women and 13 men, including Miss Auburn, who serves as a member of the group.
CONSIDER THE COMMITMENT
Certainly it is an honor and a privilege to be a member of War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen. Along with this, however, comes a tremendous deal of responsibility. There are only 26 members in the group, and our services are in demand. Therefore, this organization must be a priority in the life of each War Eagle Girl and Plainsman.
Attendance to all home football games is mandatory. If a member elects to attend an away game, it shall be his or her responsibility to be present in uniform with the group.
If selected, you must attend Senior Speeches on Saturday, February 26th and WEGP Retreat March 4th-6th.
You must adhere to the attendance policy set by the group and at times during the year. You may have to sacrifice a Friday or Saturday night in order to host a function. Before you sign up for an interview, please consider the commitment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP
1. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen shall be in good standing at Auburn University.
2. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen must have and maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average while at Auburn.
3. To be eligible for the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen, candidates must be undergraduate students and must have been an enrolled student at Auburn University, (Auburn, AL) for three semesters (excluding summer term), including the semester of selection. A freshman who has attended summer school and who will be classified as a sophomore spring semester is not eligible.
4. War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen must be enrolled with, and be able to represent, Auburn University in a credible manner throughout the entire year.
5. Student Alumni Board Members, Tiger Eyes (Danceline, Majorettes, Flagline), Cheerleaders, Marching Band Members, and Tiger Paws cannot serve as War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen due to their direct conflict of duties.
6. All members of the group must attend Senior Speeches on March 6th, 2021 and WEGP Retreat March 19th-21st, 2021.
7. Lastly, War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen do not require any previous on-campus involvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF WAR EAGLE GIRLS & PLAINSMEN
1. Shall attend all meetings at 5:45 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
2. Shall assist at University-sponsored events and receptions.
3. Shall assist student organizations, as appropriate.
4. Shall support the athletic programs during Fall and Spring Semesters.
5. All members are responsible to their advisor and the University.
6. All members shall work cooperatively with the officers of the organization.
7. All home games are mandatory. Away games are optional, but highly encouraged.View the WEGP Tour Information Packet