Write Here. Write Now.
The Office of University Writing reports directly to the Provost with a mission to:
- supports faculty in their efforts to integrate writing into disciplinary courses
- supports students in developing their writing abilities and their strategies for communicating effectively in all media to all audiences
- promotes and celebrates writing of all kinds
- conducts research on literate practices and instruction
- encourages outreach activities connected to writing
The Miller Writing Center, the ePortfolio Project, and WriteBites are initiatives under the direction of the Office of University Writing. We also partner with others to produce the undergraduate research journal, AUJUS, and Auburn Speaks, a publication that presents Auburn research to a public audience. Through these programs and other resources, writing has become ingrained in the Auburn family’s culture.