Write Here. Write Now.
University Writing reports directly to the Provost with a mission to:
- support faculty in their efforts to integrate writing into disciplinary courses
- support students in developing their writing abilities and their strategies for communicating effectively in all media to all audiences
- promote and celebrate writing of all kinds
- conduct research on literate practices and instruction
- encourage outreach activities connected to writing
The Miller Writing Center, the ePortfolio Project, and WriteBites are initiatives under the direction of the Office of University Writing. We also partner with others to produce the undergraduate research journal, AUJUS, and Auburn Speaks, a publication that presents Auburn research to a public audience. Through these programs and other resources, writing has become ingrained in the Auburn family’s culture.