COVID-19 Update: As Auburn University moves to remote instruction in response to COVID-19, our office will continue to support students, faculty, and staff with writing and writing instruction. The Miller Writing Center will offer online appointments and University Writing administrators will contribute to faculty support efforts lead by the Biggio Center. We will continue to be available for one-on-one consultations through email. Please access this resource to see the full details of our COVID-19 plan.
If you have any questions or technical issues, please visit the MWC Zoom Helpline: http://aub.ie/MWCHelp. Staff members will be available to provide support when the Miller Writing Center is open (Monday – Thursday from 1:00 pm-5:00pm).
Write Here. Write Now.
The Office of University Writing reports directly to the Provost with a mission to:
- support faculty in their efforts to integrate writing into disciplinary courses
- support students in developing their writing abilities and their strategies for communicating effectively in all media to all audiences
- promote and celebrate writing of all kinds
- conduct research on literate practices and instruction
- encourage outreach activities connected to writing
The Miller Writing Center, the ePortfolio Project, and WriteBites are initiatives under the direction of the Office of University Writing. We also partner with others to produce the undergraduate research journal, AUJUS, and Auburn Speaks, a publication that presents Auburn research to a public audience. Through these programs and other resources, writing has become ingrained in the Auburn family’s culture.