Writing Plans at Auburn University
Following the recommendations from the Writing Initiative Task Force Report, Auburn’s writing initiative uses an embedded or integrated approach to include significant writing experiences in every undergraduate major. In 2010-11, every undergraduate major submitted a writing plan for review by the Senate’s University Writing Committee. As new majors are created, they submit a writing plan as well. Writing plans are approved if they meet the five principles of writing established by the Committee. Programs submit an implementation review report to the Committee every third year. The Committee analyzes assessment data on writing as well as these review reports and makes recommendations to departments, the Office of University Writing, and the University Senate as appropriate.
The University Writing Committee reviews and assesses how programs incorporate writing into their curriculum. For more detailed information about this process, select one of the links below:
- Review Report Guidelines (2013)
- Rotation Schedule (2012-2015)
- University Writing Committee Final Report to Senate (2013-2014)
- University Writing Committee Final Report to Senate (2012-2013)
- University Writing Committee Final Report for Senate (2011-2012)
Each undergraduate major has submitted a writing plan. View one of the sample writing plans below:
Looking for your program’s writing plan?
Contact us if you would like to view the writing plan or earlier reports from your program.
(334) 844-7475(334) 844-7475 | AuburnWrites@auburn.edu