Writing Plans at Auburn University
Following the recommendations from the Writing Initiative Task Force Report, Auburn’s writing initiative uses an embedded or integrated approach to include significant writing experiences in every undergraduate major. In 2010-11, every undergraduate major submitted a writing plan for review by the Senate’s University Writing Committee. As new majors are created, they submit a writing plan as well. Writing plans are approved if they meet the five principles of writing established by the Committee. Programs submit an implementation review report to the Committee every third year. The Committee analyzes assessment data on writing as well as these review reports and makes recommendations to departments, the Office of University Writing, and the University Senate as appropriate.
2017-2018 University Writing Committee Meeting Schedule
If you are submitting a writing plan for a new major, please send it to the committee at least 9 working days before the meeting you would like your plan reviewed.
The University Writing Committee reviews and assesses how programs incorporate writing into their curriculum. For more detailed information about this process, select one of the links below:
- Current Writing Plan Review Process for Cycle Two (2016-2019)
- Rotation Schedule (2012-2015)
- University Writing Committee Final Report to Senate (2014-2015)
- University Writing Committee Final Report to Senate (2013-2014)
- University Writing Committee Final Report to Senate (2012-2013)
- University Writing Committee Final Report for Senate (2011-2012)
Each undergraduate major has submitted a writing plan. View one of the sample writing plans below:
Looking for your program’s writing plan?
Contact us if you would like to view the writing plan or earlier reports from your program.
(334) 844-7475 | AuburnWrites@auburn.edu