The focus of WriteBites is on discussion – what can we learn from each other; what strategies can we borrow from other programs and courses; what assumptions are we making about teaching writing that need to be re-examined and what practices for teaching writing need to be re-considered and revised?
When Does it Happen?
For FALL 2015, lunches will be Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- September 9: Using writing assignments to teach content and concepts
- October 7: Working with international student writers
- November 4: The genres they need; the genres we teach (or don’t)
- December 9: Making exam writing manageable
Registration is now open for SPRING 2016 at http://ouw-auburn.2016-WriteBites-the-Lunch-Registration.sgizmo.com/s3/.
For SPRING 2016, lunches will be Tuesdays from 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- January 19: Scaffolding Research Papers
- February 16: Making Your Work on Teach Writing Visible
- March 8: Communicating Our Expectations
- April 12: What Should Students Be Able to Do When They Graduate?
If you have ideas of topics you would like featured at future lunches, please contact us.
Where Does it Happen?
ePortfolio Studio — 2056 RBD Library (look for the green wall on the south side of the Learning Commons)
How to Register
*Registration is free, but it is required.
*Limited to 20 participants. Once registration is confirmed, please be on the lookout for an email from us regarding lunch orders. If you do not receive an email confirmation within one business day, please contact us.