At the Miller Writing Center, our peer tutors will help you work towards your writing goals. Basic guidelines for a session are:
- Students can make up to 120 minutes of appointments per week (contact the director of the MWC to make additional appointments if needed).
- Individual appointments start at the top of the hour and last about 50 minutes, so the consultant has 5-10 minutes between appointments.
- Walk-in sessions are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Online consultations are offered with certain specially trained tutors for students who cannot make it to campus for a face-to-face consultation.
- Students who miss more than three appointments without canceling are blocked from the appointment system until they speak to the director of the MWC.
- Instructors are not informed of student use of the MWC unless students opt to send a copy of the client report form to the instructor at the time of their visit.
We use WC ONLINE to schedule our appointments at all our locations. Access to the scheduling system is available through AU Access. WC ONLINE’s page is quite user-friendly, but if you have any trouble, click here to view step-by-step instructions for making an appointment. Visit our video tutorials page to learn how to make a multilingual appointment.
Our online consultations are done through WC ONLINE in real time. Be sure to have a digital version of your writing project on hand to upload to the system. Complete instructions for using our online appointment system are available here.
If you have any questions, please fill out and submit the contact form below or call our front desk at (334) 844-7482. We look forward to seeing you at the Miller Writing Center!