The Miller Writing Center (MWC) offers face-to-face and online appointments for current Auburn University students, faculty, and staff. Clients can make up to two appointments per week (Monday through Sunday). Appointments start on the hour and last up to 50 minutes.
Appointments are offered online and face-to-face on the second floor of the RBD Library. Clients who make face-to-face appointments are expected to follow established health and safety guidelines.
The MWC uses WCONLINE to schedule and all appointments. Access to WCONLINE is available through AU Access. Once you log into AU Access, click on the MWC icon. Depending on your role, this may be located under “My Academics,” “Employees,” or “My Campus.” Please see below for step-by-step scheduling instructions.
The following policies/guidelines apply to everyone who chooses to use the MWC:
- Clients can make up to two appointments per week (Monday through Sunday). These appointments may be scheduled on the same day, but not back-to-back.
- Appointments start on the hour and last up to 50 minutes.
- For Spring 2021, most appointments will be conducted online with a limited number of face-to-face appointments available. Clients who make face-to-face appointments are expected to adhere to the University Writing Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Walk-in sessions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and depend on consultant availability.
- Instructors and advisors are not informed when students use the MWC. Clients will receive a session report after each visit, which they can forward to others if they wish.
- Clients are expected to work on their own writing projects during appointments. Group work is permitted as long as at least one of the group members is present during the appointment.
- Clients must use their own account to schedule appointments. Appointments made using another person’s account will be cancelled.
- Clients who miss two appointments without cancelling are blocked from using the MWC until they email Annie Small at email@example.com.
- The MWC may reschedule or cancel appointments due to inclement weather, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Clients with questions about these policies/guidelines may contact the MWC Front Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.