NEW for the 2017-2018 Academic Year: Introducing WoW (Working on Writing) Wednesdays!
This fall, the Office of University Writing is expanding its program to support writing of all kinds. “Working on Writing” or “WoW” will occur every Wednesday. WoW Wednesdays is designed to address the concerns faculty have identified in student writing, ranging from big picture issues like using sources appropriately or writing abstracts to sentence-level issues such as clarity and proofreading. Students will be able to participate in as many of these workshops as they want, or attend only the topics that are of most interest to them.
Currently Proposed Topics
Big Picture Issues
- Managing Large Projects
- Signaling Organization
- How to Use Sources Appropriately
- Synthesizing Sources for A Lit Review
- How to Write an NSF Grant Proposal
- Writing a Good IRB
- Creating Paragraph Coherence
- Editing and Proofreading
- Including Visuals
- Conveying Numerical Data Effectively
- How to Choose Words Wisely
- Mastering Essay Exams
- How to Write an Effective Personal Statement
Give us your feedback!
Help us to make “WoW Wednesdays” work for you!
- Email us your ideas for topics you’d like to see addressed at WoW Wednesdays.
- Vote for your favorite topics to help us identify what will be most useful to you and your students.
- Stay tuned for updated information on topics and event details.
- Don’t forget to consider how these workshops might support your efforts as you plan your fall courses.