The Office of University Writing and Miller Writing Center invite graduate students to WriteFest BootCamp. This two or three-day intensive writing workshop is open to 20 students in the writing stages of their theses, dissertations, or pieces for publication. During this event participants will be given time, space, and resources to work on their writing. Additional support options include opportunities to join a community of writers, participate discussion and information sessions, and get feedback from Miller Writing Center consultants. Participants will also enjoy free meals and some surprises along the way.
- When: March 14 and 15, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: SADC, 394 South Donahue Drive
- Registration is open – click here to sign up now!
We’re limited to 20 participants. To complete your registration you’ll need to have:
- A writing goal–something concrete you’d like to accomplish in two days (finish a chapter, draft an introduction…something tangible and reasonably specific)
- The email address of an AU faculty member who can sponsor your attendance at BootCamp; we’ll contact that faculty member.
- While BootCamp is free, we do require a deposit to hold your place in the event (we preorder food, arrange for consultants, etc.). So if you register and do not attend both days of the event, a $30 deposit will be charged to your AU Bursar’s account.
- In the event you need to cancel, our office must be informed by by Monday, March 7 to avoid losing your deposit.
- Schedule for WriteFest BootCamp, Spring 2016: TBD