WriteFest is a program offered by the Miller Writing Center to support graduate student writing in all disciplines. Join us for concentrated work on your writing. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided. WriteFest is FREE; no registration is necessary.
- When: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on select Friday afternoons
- Where: The Learning Commons, RBD Library
- Dates, Spring 2015: January 23, February 27, March 13, and April 10
- Give you structured time to get writing done.
- Help you set and achieve your writing goals.
- Have Miller Writing Center Consultants available to work with you on your project.
- Offer discussion with Auburn faculty and staff on writing issues significant to graduate students.
- Give you the opportunity to meet and work with other graduate students.
What to bring:
- Your writing project.
- Your writing tools (e.g., laptop, research, notes, etc.).
- Your motivation to write!
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. | Goal Setting We will discuss strategies for goal setting, define goals for the afternoon (and beyond), and share those goals to help keep each other accountable.
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Presentations/Roundtable Discussions Topics and presenters are listed below. You may keep writing and/or working with the consultants if you wish.
- 1:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. | Time to Write For the next 2 ½ hours MWC consultants will be available to work with you on your project. There will also be coffee and light refreshments to keep you well-fueled. Get writing done!
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Review Goals, Planning for the Month We will share what we achieved, discuss setting useful goals, and plan your writing ‘til the next WriteFest.
WriteFest Topics and Presenters, Spring 2015:
- January 23 | Thesis and Dissertation Submission and Formatting, Clint Lovelace, Graduate School
- February 27| Editing Your Own Writing, Dr. James Truman, Director, Miller Writing Center
- March 13 | Teaching and Professionalizing, Dr. Diane Boyd, Director, Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
- April 10 | Planning Big Projects, Dr. James Truman, Director, Miller Writing Center
WriteFest BootCamp will be held each spring break and in mid-June.
Questions about WriteFest?
Contact the Office of University Writing at 334-844-7475 or email email@example.com.
WriteFest is sponsored by the Office of University Writing, The Graduate School, and the Auburn University Libraries.