WriteFest is a program offered by the Miller Writing Center to support graduate student writing in all disciplines. Join us for concentrated work on your writing. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided. WriteFest is FREE; no registration is necessary.
- When: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on select Friday afternoons
- Where: The Learning Commons, RBD Library
- Dates: September 12, September 19, October 10, November 14
- Give you structured time to get writing done.
- Help you set and achieve your writing goals.
- Have Miller Writing Center Consultants available to work with you on your project.
- Offer discussion with Auburn faculty and staff on writing issues significant to graduate students.
- Give you the opportunity to meet and work with other graduate students.
What to bring:
- Your writing project.
- Your writing tools (e.g., laptop, research, notes, etc.).
- Your motivation to write!
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m., Goal Setting We will discuss strategies for goal setting, define goals for the afternoon (and beyond), and share those goals to help keep each other accountable.
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., Presentations/Roundtable Discussions Topics and presenters are listed below. You may keep writing and/or working with the consultants if you wish.
- 1:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Time to Write For the next 2 ½ hours MWC consultants will be available to work with you on your project. There will also be coffee and light refreshments to keep you well-fueled. Get writing done!
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Review Goals, Planning for the Month We will share what we achieved, discuss setting useful goals, and plan your writing ‘til the next WriteFest.
WriteFest Topics and Presenters:
- September 12: Introduction to Zotero Reference Management Software, Kasia Leousis, Architecture and Art Librarian
- September 19: Thesis and Dissertation Formatting, Clint Lovelace, Coordinator of Student Services/Academic Evaluator of Theses and Dissertations, Auburn University Graduate School
- October 10: Plagiarism!!! How to Do Right by Your Sources, James Truman, Miller Writing Center
- November 14: Introduction to ePortfolios. To the Job Market…and Beyond! Lesley Bartlett, director of the ePortfolio Project, Office of University Writing
WriteFest BootCamp will be held each spring break and in mid-June.
Questions about WriteFest?
Contact the Office of University Writing at 334-844-7475 or email email@example.com.
WriteFest is sponsored by the Office of University Writing, The Graduate School, and the Auburn University Libraries.