Click the following button to submit a manuscript to The Professional Educator.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Written in APA style, following the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th edition.
- Include a separate title page file, which includes complete contact information for all authors, including names, affiliations, complete street addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The title page should clearly indicate who the corresponding author will be, which is the individual responsible for communications with the editors, page proofs, and working with the publication and editorial staff.
- Submissions to the journal should submitted in Times New Roman font, 12-point type, formatted as 8.5” x 11” pages with 1” margins on all sides. Authors should include appropriately formatted subheadings at reasonable intervals. Pages should be numbered consecutively. All abbreviations should be spelled out on their first use except for commonly-known abbreviations.
- For Research Articles, the total length should typically be 4,000 to 8,000 words.
- For Notes from the Field, the total length should typically be 2,000 to 3,000 words.
- For Book Reviews, the total length should typically be 1,000 to 2,000 words.
- Manuscripts submitted for review must be anonymized, which means authors will need to remove all potentially identifying information. Outside of the separate title page file mentioned above, submitted finals should not identify the authors, their affiliations, their funding sources, or other information that might identify authors. Authors should also anonymize any self-citations in the manuscript following APA style requirements. Self-citations only need to be anonymized if it might be apparent to reviewers that it is a self-citation.
- All submissions must include an abstract of 100-120 words, and 3-5 keywords. These should be included in the manuscript file in APA style.
- In general, authors should avoid notes, but may include footnotes as necessary in compliance with APA style.
- The reference list should only include sources cited in the manuscript, and all sources cited in the manuscript must be included in the reference list. All references should include digital object identifiers (DOI) when possible, and all references must comply with APA style, 7th edition.
- Tables and figures may be included in APA style, 7th edition formatting.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English.
- Authors who wish to include copyrighted material must submit documentation of permission to use copyrighted materials.
- There are no page charges, article processing fees, or any other author fees associated with submitting to or publishing in the journal.