Beat Bama Food Drive

SUPPORT THE BEAT BAMA FOOD DRIVE
2022 dates coming soon!

Beat Bama Food Drive aims is to educate, unite, and serve the Auburn University campus and greater surrounding communities by supporting the Food Bank of East Alabama to fight food insecurity through a friendly competition with the University of Alabama.

We just finished celebrating our 28th year where we were able to collect 352,389 pounds of food to benefit the Food Bank of East Alabama & Beat Bama in the process!

Since 1994, Beat Bama Food Drive has collected more than 3.6 million pounds of food uniting students, faculty, alumni and community members to help fight hunger and food insecurity in East Alabama. This unique competition leverages the rivalry between the schools as they benefit local food banks, the state of Alabama and those facing food insecurity.

Letter from the President

Entering our 28th year, Beat Bama Food Drive has dedicated itself to continue serving the Auburn community and fighting food insecurity in the state of Alabama alongside our partner, the Food Bank of East Alabama. This spirited food drive puts us up against our SEC rivals, the University of Alabama’s Beat Auburn Beat Hunger, and raises hundreds of thousands of pounds of food each year. For the past 3 years, I’ve seen over a million and a half pounds of food donated to go towards those in need and it shows the impact that a small group can have when rallied behind a bigger cause. Auburn’s family is the most tight-knit community in the world and I am so lucky to have the opportunity to lead this group in giving back to it.

I grew up an Auburn fan, but when I joined the Fall class of 2018, I became an Auburn student. What I never realized was even before becoming a student I was already a member of the Auburn family. The Auburn family extends to everyone that has ever been lucky enough to interact with Auburn. Through BBFD, I have been able to give back and help members of the Auburn family in need and inversely seen the support rallied by the Auburn family.

I am so grateful to Auburn for the opportunity to learn, but also to be a part of a community that is so accepting and kind. There is no better community to be in in the world than a part of the Auburn family and I am so grateful for the opportunity that BBFD has given me to help this community. I love Auburn University but more importantly, I love the Auburn family. Thank you.

Last modified: November 22, 2021