Leading indicators-of-failure are being developed for interrogation of material state significantly prior to appearance of any macro-indicators. The research focus is on determination of residual life of electronic systems via on-board sensing, damage-detection algorithms and data processing. Environments being studied include single, sequential, simultaneous thermo-mechanical, hygro-mechanical and dynamic loads.
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., Nguyen, L., ANN Based RUL Assessment of Copper-Aluminum Wirebonds Subjected to Harsh Environments, Proceedings of the IEEE PHM Conference, Ottawa, Canada, pp. 1-10, June 20-22, 2016
- Lall, P., Dornala K., Suhling, J., Lowe, R., Foley, J., Life Prediction and RUL Assessment of Fine Pitch Solder Joint Fuze Electronics Under Mechanical Shock Loads Up To 50,000g, Proceedings of the 66th ECTC, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 232- 244, May 31- June 3, 2016.
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., Nguyen, L., Prognostication of Cu-Al WB System Subjected to High Temperature-Humidity Condition, Proceedings of the ITHERM 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 887- 898, May 31- June 3, 2016.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Comparison of Prognostic Health Management Algorithms for Assessment of Electronic Reliability Under Vibration, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Volume 136, No. 4, doi:10.1115/1.4028163, pp. 1-8, December 2014.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Prognostic Health Monitoring for a Micro-Coil Spring Interconnect Subjected to Drop Impacts, IEEE International Conference on Prognostics and Health Management, Gaithersburg, MD, pp. 1-11, June 24-27, 2013
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Prognostication Based on Resistance-Spectroscopy and Phase-Sensitive Detection for Electronics Subjected to Shock-Impact, ASME J. Electron. Packag. 134, 021001-1 to 021001-10, 2012.
- Lall, P., Gupta, P., Goebel, K., Decorrelated Feature Space and Neural Nets Based Framework for Failure Modes Clustering in Electronics Subjected to Mechanical Shock, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 61, No. 4, pp. 884-900, December 2012.
- Lall, P., Gupta, P., Angral, A., Anomaly Detection and Classification for PHM of Electronics Subjected to Shock and Vibration, IEEE Transactions On Components, Packaging And Manufacturing Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2012.2207460 , Vol. 2, No. 11, pp. 1902-1918, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Extended Kalman Filter Models and Resistance Spectroscopy for Prognostication and Health Monitoring of Leadfree Electronics Under Vibration, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, DOI: 10.1109/TR.2012.2220698, Vol. 61, No. 4, pp. 858-871, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Prognostics Health Management of Electronic Systems Under Mechanical Shock and Vibration Using Kalman Filter Models and Metrics, IEEE Transactions On Industrial Electronics, Vol. 59, No. 11, November 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Cost Assessment for Implementation of Embedded Prognostic Health Management For Electronic Systems, Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (IMECE2012), Paper Number IMECE2012-93058, pp. 1-11, Houston, Texas, November 9-15, 2012.
- Lall, P., Patel, K., Lowe, R., Strickland, M., Geist, D., Montgomery, R., Blanche, J., Area-Array Electronics Models and Survivability Under 50,000g Shock Loads, SMTAI International Conference, pp. 300-311, Orlando, Florida, October 14-18, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., “Particle Swarm Optimization with Extended Kalman Filter for Prognostication of Accrued Damage in Electronics Under Temperature and Vibration”, IEEE PHM Conference, Denver, CO, June 18-21, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Health Monitoring of Leadfree Electronics Under Mechanical Shock and Vibration with Particle Filter Based Resistance Spectroscopy, SMTA Journal, Volume 24, Issue 4, pp. 19-32, 2011
- Lall, P., Gupta, P.; Kulkarni, M.; Hofmeister, J.; Time–Frequency and Autoregressive Techniques for Prognostication of Shock-Impact Reliability of Implantable Biological Electronic Systems, Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, IEEE Transactions on, Volume: 33 , Issue: 4, Page(s): 289 – 302, 2010.