Leading indicators-of-failure are being developed for interrogation of material state significantly prior to appearance of any macro-indicators. The research focus is on determination of residual life of electronic systems via on-board sensing, damage-detection algorithms and data processing. Environments being studied include single, sequential, simultaneous thermo-mechanical, hygro-mechanical and dynamic loads.
- Lall, P., Thomas, T., and Blecker, K., “Remaining Useful Life Estimation and Prognostication of SAC305 Printed Circuit Boards for Dynamic Conditions of Temperature and Vibration Loads.” ASME. J. Electron. Packag., 144(2): 021111, June 2022.
- Lall, P., Thomas, T., Principal Component Analysis and Independent Component Analysis-Based Prognostic Health Monitoring of Electronic Assemblies Subjected to Simultaneous Temperature-Vibration Loads, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Vol. 143, No. 1, pp. 011011-1 to 011011-15, March 2021
- Lall, P., Deshpande, S., L. Nguyen, M. Murtuza, Microstructural Indicators for Prognostication of Copper–Aluminum Wire Bond Reliability Under High-Temperature Storage and Temperature Humidity, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol 6, No. 4, pp. 569 – 585, 2016.
- Lall, P., Dornala K., Suhling, J., Lowe, R., Foley, J., Life Prediction and RUL Assessment of Fine Pitch Solder Joint Fuze Electronics Under Mechanical Shock Loads Up To 50,000g, Proceedings of the 66th ECTC, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp. 232- 244, May 31- June 3, 2016.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Comparison of Prognostic Health Management Algorithms for Assessment of Electronic Reliability Under Vibration, ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, Volume 136, No. 4, doi:10.1115/1.4028163, pp. 1-8, December 2014.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Prognostication Based on Resistance-Spectroscopy and Phase-Sensitive Detection for Electronics Subjected to Shock-Impact, ASME J. Electron. Packag. 134, 021001-1 to 021001-10, 2012.
- Lall, P., Gupta, P., Goebel, K., Decorrelated Feature Space and Neural Nets Based Framework for Failure Modes Clustering in Electronics Subjected to Mechanical Shock, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 61, No. 4, pp. 884-900, December 2012.
- Lall, P., Gupta, P., Angral, A., Anomaly Detection and Classification for PHM of Electronics Subjected to Shock and Vibration, IEEE Transactions On Components, Packaging And Manufacturing Technology, DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2012.2207460 , Vol. 2, No. 11, pp. 1902-1918, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Extended Kalman Filter Models and Resistance Spectroscopy for Prognostication and Health Monitoring of Leadfree Electronics Under Vibration, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, DOI: 10.1109/TR.2012.2220698, Vol. 61, No. 4, pp. 858-871, 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Prognostics Health Management of Electronic Systems Under Mechanical Shock and Vibration Using Kalman Filter Models and Metrics, IEEE Transactions On Industrial Electronics, Vol. 59, No. 11, November 2012.
- Lall, P., Lowe, R., Goebel, K., Health Monitoring of Leadfree Electronics Under Mechanical Shock and Vibration with Particle Filter Based Resistance Spectroscopy, SMTA Journal, Volume 24, Issue 4, pp. 19-32, 2011
- Lall, P., Gupta, P.; Kulkarni, M.; Hofmeister, J.; Time–Frequency and Autoregressive Techniques for Prognostication of Shock-Impact Reliability of Implantable Biological Electronic Systems, Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, IEEE Transactions on, Volume: 33 , Issue: 4, Page(s): 289 – 302, 2010.